Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Self Portait




My self portrait design is fairly minimalistic and modern. I chose this style because I found it most appealing to the eye. The reference photo I used was of me holding a penny up to the camera. I liked the photo and I thought it was a bit more interesting than a normal shot of my face. I drew up my design on Procreate (a drawing app that I have on my iPad). Then, I transferred the image to Illustrator and used the pen tool to create the shapes. The words I placed over top the photo were meant to incorporate more modernistic elements and make the design look more like a poster. I chose some song lyrics that I liked. It refers to youth and hippie culture of the 60s, with mention of long blonde hair often tied to the style back then. By cutting your hair you are shedding your youth or a lifestyle you once lived. I didn't have a strong concept going in other than that I wanted it to be modern and simple. The photo and words I chose had little correlation when I began but i think it the end the idea was developed.

2 comments:

  1. I love this portrait!! I think it is really well done and creative and properly fits the propaganda theme. The way you used the varying colors on your skin and how it matches the font makes it a really good composition. I like how you chose all neutral colors and one darker color to create contrast and emphasis on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this was probably one of the best self portraits I saw out of the class. You used great detail and shading which adds great depth to the image. I love that the background color is the same color as your tank top. And your pose is really cool and adding the penny into the image was a cool touch.

    ReplyDelete