Saturday, October 12, 2019

Calligram

Image result for 90s bandana butterfly
The purpose of my work was to demonstrate an understanding of illustrator's tools and developing a clear shape using typography. When choosing a design, I wanted a shape with natural curvatures that would allow me to bend the type easily. I felt that a butterfly offered me with a variety of ways to utilize different tools like "type on path". I used a poem for my text entitled "An Irish Blessing". I felt it was the perfect length for the design. I bent the type to build the shape of the butterfly wings and used solid letters to form the body and antennae. To further form the shape of the design, I used the type on path tool to outline the whole design. I really like butterflies and am drawn to natural shapes found in nature when choosing my designs. I spent a lot of time manipulating the type to get it to the correct composition I desired. I also drew inspiration from the inserted photo. This is an old Bandana.

No comments:

Post a Comment